In the advent of globalization, it seems inescapable that we must work in harmony with people of different cultural backgrounds and thought patterns. There is a great need for human resources capable of flexibly adjusting and responding when they interact with someone whose cultural identities, business practices, and thought tendencies are all different from their own. This program is aimed for youths in southeast and south Asia, responsible for the future of the regions. The participants will improve their ability of multi-cultural understanding and communication, through experiences in Japan, a country of different culture from their own. This program will be useful for their global career development, regardless of the countries of their origin. We hope that they will benefit from the program, and serve as bridges between Japan and their home countries in the future.
- 1st April (Mon) ～ 5th April (Fri), 2019
- Note. 31st March (Sun) <Arrival in Japan> ~ 6th April (Sat) <Departure>
- * If applying for an Optional Program (Home stay) on 6th April (Sat), the date of departure from Japan is 7th April (Sun).
- AOTS Tokyo Kenshu Center (TKC for Lectures & Accommodation)
Website: Training Centers & General Information about Life in Japan – Facilities of Training Centers – Tokyo Kenshu Center (TKC)
- 20-30 young persons from multiple countries
- Target of age for this program: Between 15 and 25 years of age
- Parental accompaniment are arranged for lower fee
Note. If we receive less than 15 applications, we may cancel the program.
- English (Translator will accompany the participants)
- Regarding the Japanese lesson, lesson will be conducted in Japanese only.
(Teacher will give you some handouts written in English and Japanese to the lesson.)
B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner
(Greeting/Self Introduction etc.)
| ・Cross-cultural communication|
・Lecture: Do and Don't in Japan
|2-Apr||Tue||・Visit to Food industry|
< Ajinomoto （Kawasaki Plant) >
| ・Japanese culture experience 1|
< Aikido Experience >
|3-Apr||Wed||・1 Day Bus Tour |
Visit to the World Heritage Mt. Fuji and Oshino Hakkai and Ninja Theme Village
|4-Apr||Thu||・Visit to Manufacturing factory|
< Nissan Motor Corporation
（Oppama Plant) >
|・Fieldwork at Kamakura|
The purpose of fieldwork is to cooperate with each other, learn leadership, solving an assigned task for each group in Kamakura.
Review the experiences through the program and clarify the differences between your country and japan.
・Prepare for final presentation.
|5-Apr||Fri||・Japanese culture experience 2|
< Ikebana, the Japanese
Traditional Flower Arrangement,
|・Final group presentation by participants|
Share the awareness of any similarities or differences from your own culture via program with other participants and exchange opinions.
・Ceremony/ Farewell Party
|6-Apr||Sat||* Home Stay (Optional)||TKC||*|
|7-Apr||Sun||Departure /Check out|
|Date||Lecture or Inspection place||Point of the Program|
Japanese Lesson (Greeting, Self-introduction)
|The small Japanese class has focusing on conversations. It makes your basic conversational skills good enough to explain yourself to Japanese people, and go for shopping and sightseeing in Japan.|
|Knowing the characteristics of basic business manners (greetings, reporting consultation, time management, etc.) and communication in Japan, to understand the importance of flexible adaptability and responsiveness in cross-culture society to rules and customs different from your country.|
Japanese thinking and manner
〈Ajinomoto in Kawasaki〉
|Through factory tours of Japan's leading food industry, deepen understanding of raw materials, manufacturing processes, quality control, environmental initiatives, etc. that take into consideration safety of Japanese foods.|
|【Japanese Culture Experience】 |
|Aikido is one of Japanese modern martial arts along with Judo, Kendo and Karate. You will learn how Japanese develop and maintain their physical and mental strength by Aikido. You will visit an actual Dojo and get a close look at high level demonstration by experts and practice the first step of Aikido! You will also understand Japanese values such as courtesy, manner, self‐restraint, respect, sincerity and cooperation.|
Automobile Factory 〈Nissan factory in Oppama〉
|Through a factory tour of the Japanese automobile industry, deepen understanding of the source of the competitiveness of Japanese manufacturing industry (spirit of manufacturing, field strength, quality pursuit etc.).|
Fieldwork in Kamakura
(of world heritage)
|By going out to the streets in groups and achieving the tasks in cooperation, you can acquire time management and teamwork, comprehensively raise fundamental life skills, understanding Japanese society and cross-cultural adaptability.|
|Ｇroup Work||Interim Group work ・Preparation for final presentation||Review the experiences through the program and clarify the differences between your country and japan in the point of culture and society, way of thing etc. Prepare for final presentation.|
Mt. Fuji (World Cultural heritage)
〈Mt. Fuji's fifth station, Ninja Theme Village, Oshino Hakkai〉
|Education that cherishes Japanese nature, treats tools and livestock, thanks to all things is based on the idea that God lives in everything. Fuji which is an object of faith for a long time and is registered as a World cultural heritage, you can feel the mental symbolism of Japanese people.|
|5-Apr||【Japanese Culture Experience】|
|"Ikebana" is a traditional culture born in Japan, learning the fundamentals of Japanese hospitality to feel the four seasons, enjoy the mind, deliver feelings to important people.|
|Final presentation & exchange opinion||To make presentation about learning cross-culture experience in Japan though this program. You can learn that it is important to understand the differences from the culture of my country and to accept the way of thinking and culture of the other party for cross-culture communication smoothly.|
|Through the experience of Japanese real life, you can deepen understanding for home-cooking, living environment, commuting distance, life-style, and communication with family. Also, by actively interacting, you can make friends in Japan.|
- DATE: 6th April (Sat).
- Stay one night at a Japanese family, have some meals together and experience a Japanese family.
- Meals → Lunch, dinner and breakfast are included.
- The return flight must be arranged after 6:00 p.m. if departing on 7th April.
- Please note that this program is for experiencing a Japanese culture through a Japanese family.
|Timeline||《1st day》||10:00am||Meet host family at TKC|
|11:00am||Arrive at host family's house|
|15:00pm||Experience a Japanese family|
|10:00am||Experience a Japanese family|
|14:00pm||Experience a Japanese family|
|17:00pm||Back to TKC|
This program will be organized by AOTS in collaboration with LEX / Hippo Family Club. For over 30 years, LEX / Hippo Family Club members have enjoyed sharing languages from all around the world. Hippo Family Club has accepted 5,000 people from over 120 different countries participate annually to their homestay program.
Through the experience of Japanese real life, you can deepen understanding for home-cooking, living environment, commuting distance, life-style, and communication with family. Also, by actively interacting, you can make friends in Japan.
|Accompanying Person (Parents)||100,000 JPY|
< The above fee covers>
- Accommodation at Tokyo during the program
(31st March (Sun) check-in ～ 6th April (Sat) check-out)
*You can also extend your stay for sightseeing purposes by yourself. Please arrange accommodations and a visa for extended stay at your own responsibility. If you would like to stay at TKC, please contact AOTS.
- All meals (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) during the program (Not including the optional meals)
- Lecture handouts
- Interpreter (1 person per program)
- Fees for Domestic transportation related to program implementation
- Travel insurance premiums during the program
- Arrange Fees for factories etc.
- Bus Tour Fee for Mt. Fuji
- Cultural Experience Fee for Ikebana and Aiki-do
- Chartered bus/car between accommodation and Narita International Airport**
** On arrival day (31st March) : A chartered bus/car will serve from the airport to AOTS Tokyo Kenshu Center (TKC) for only those who arrive in Japan at Narita International Airport at 10:00 a.m. and 16:00 p.m..
On departure day (6th April) : A charted bus/car will be arranged to drop the participants off at Narita International airport from TKC at 6:00 a.m. and 12:00 at noon only.
<Not including the costs of>
- Your international travel between your country and Japan (airfare).
- Your dinner (except Welcome dinner and Farewell dinner).
- Please find a meeting service staff holding a signboard “AOTS Experience Japan Program 2019” at the arrival gate of Narita Airport. Then, a meeting staff will escort you to the chartered bus / car from the airport to the accommodation.
<Home Stay Optional Program Fee>
- Home Stay : 8,000 JPY
- A person who considers participation in the program will submit an application to your local Alumni Society.
If you don’t know the contact information of your local Alumni Society, please contact AOTS Research Institute.
- Participants make payment to your local Alumni Society.
- The application will be completed only after AOTS confirm the receipt of the participation fee.
- AOTS will send an invitation letter through your local Alumni Society.
- Application Form (Attachment 1-3)
- Medical Check Sheet (Attachment 1-4)
- Overseas Travel Insurance Procedure and Consent Form (Attachment 1-5)
- About the Handling of Personal Information Concerning Participants (Attachment 1-6)
- Parent’s Consent Letter (Attachment 1-7)
- Photocopy of passport, an election card, a driver’s license or any other identification document issued by a public organization in the applicant’s country containing, in Roman letters, the applicant’s name in full, a photo of the applicant and his/her date of birth
- 1 copy of a photo (PDF or JPEG File)
Please submit the following documents (original) to your local Alumni Society.
- 1st March (Fri), 2019
- Note. If we receive less than 15 applications, we may cancel the program.
Shortly after the deadline (1st March, 2019), you will hear whether or not the program will be organized.
Applicant who cancels application will be charged for a cancellation fee which the amount is set as below.
|・Before or by 1st March||: 0％ of participation fee|
|・2nd March ～ 19th March||: 50％ of participation fee||・On 20th March and after||:100％ of participation fee|
- A person who considers participation in the program will contact and submit an application to your local AOTS Alumni Society.
- If you don’t know the contact information of your local Alumni Society, please contact AOTS Research Institute (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Business Promotion Group, AOTS Research InstituteThe Association for Overseas Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Partnerships (AOTS)
- Address: 30-1, Senju-azuma 1-chome, Adachi-ku, Tokyo 120-8534, Japan
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 81-3-3888-8215, Fax: 81-3-3888-8242